Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

UK Open Puzzle and Sudoku Championships

Posted by gareth 
UK Open Puzzle and Sudoku Championships
April 25, 2012 06:37PM
The UK Open Puzzle and Sudoku tournaments, which I've organised all the puzzles for, are taking place in Manchester this weekend (28-29 April). They'll also be available to play online at http://www.ukpuzzles.org/contests.php for the following week.

There's a huge range of puzzles and sudoku from 20 or so of the world's top puzzle authors, so check it out even if you don't want to compete.

There are even some puzzles that you'll be familiar with from Sudoku Xtra. smiling smiley
Re: UK Open Puzzle and Sudoku Championships
April 26, 2012 07:44AM
Don't think (Well let's be honest I know I'm not!) up to competing in any championships but will certainly have a look at them afterwards!

At the moment I'm working my way through your Xtra consecutive sudoku pdf and really enjoying the puzzles.
Hi Gareth

I will try to find the time to attempt some of the Championship puzzles. Maybe the summer..not very hopeful that i will get very far tho.

Meanwhile thank you also for the Consecutive pdf which I have only just discovered and downloaded. One of my favourites so I am sure I will enjoy them.

Thank you

Sue
Re: UK Open Puzzle and Sudoku Championships
May 04, 2012 04:39PM
The tournament puzzles are a nice mix - with few exceptions they should all be manageable by any Sudoku Xtra readers, because I made sure none of them were too large. So even if a puzzle type is new, experimenting with it for 20 minutes or so should get you well on the road to solving it, I hope. They'll remain available for the foreseeable future, so there's no rush to go and download them right away.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication