Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

Odd Pair Sudoku

Posted by Christine 
Odd Pair Sudoku
March 14, 2010 09:18AM
I just wondered if anyone else had given these a go and what do they think? Deceptively tricky I thought - maybe I'm just missing something? At first glance I thought they would be fairly easy but it seemed to take me ages before I had anything other than'O's for odd and 'E's for even in the boxes, but after a bit of perseverance things finally began to fall into place and I've got the first two done. Just the other two and then for a go at the samurai! I do like the trickier puzzles if you can get there in the end!

Am really enjoying the new varieties you keep publishing Gareth - keeps the old brain cells ticking over!
Re: Odd Pair Sudoku
March 26, 2010 12:43AM
Yes, thanks to comments here and on my blog I've decided these are too hard when made large so I don't think we'll be seeing any more Samurai versions of this - but there are four more 9x9 ones in issue 5!
March 30, 2010 12:20PM
Well, I've not cracked the samuai version in issue 4 yet, but not prepared to give in as yet!

The 9 x 9 puzzles in issue 5 are quite a bit easier than the ones in issue 4 and as such very good fun. Would like to see them continue.
March 31, 2010 04:39PM
I'm definitely going to keep them in as a variant, but I just think the Samurai was pushing it a bit too far. smiling smiley I think with this sort of constraint puzzle it's important to use it lots - perhaps the ones in this issue were a bit better in that respect because I didn't prune them so heavily, maybe. So thanks for the feedback!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication