Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

another "Xtra site"

Posted by Jeff Loeb 
Jeff Loeb
another "Xtra site"
June 13, 2010 04:46AM
alot of the Sudoku Xtra publications are stocked at http://bookdepository.com and http://thebookdepository.co.uk

the 2 sites seem to be mirror sites of one another

why they both give prices in USD, I don't know
Re: another "Xtra site"
June 13, 2010 09:13PM
You see US dollars on both sites because you're in the US - I see pounds when I visit them. You can change the currency using the drop-down too.

Just to repeat my comment from the other thread too:

----------
Thanks for spotting that Jeff - it looks like this is actually the cheapest way to get hold of it pre-printed in the UK now, at least for single purchases, due to the cost of postage and packaging on Lulu. It's also the Amazon.com version, which I slightly prefer because at 8"x10" dispenses with the slightly larger black bars of the Lulu version - but essentially both printed versions are otherwise identical (I think they use the same technology), just to be clear.

Anyway, I imagine there is around a 2 week delivery delay if you order outside the US, since it takes about 7 or 8 working days to get a copy from Amazon.com over to the UK.
jeff loeb
June 14, 2010 02:23AM
Copies of Xtra at amazon.co.uk, or at whsmith.co.uk?
June 14, 2010 02:16PM
No, Sudoku Xtra is available only for download as a PDF from this website, or alternatively pre-printed from Amazon.com (US) or Lulu.com (elsewhere).

You can of course order from Amazon.com to the UK, but with postage it will cost a lot. Some people are however importing it from Amazon.com to the UK and other countries, such as those in the link you provided above, and selling it at the Amazon.com cost without additional postage - i.e. about £6.66 ($10). The reason pre-printed copies cost more is due to the cost of one-off printing, but they are very-high quality productions - better than any regular magazine, or indeed book.

Gareth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2010 02:16PM by gareth.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication