Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

Frameless sudoku

Posted by Christine 
Frameless sudoku
May 11, 2011 07:19AM
Just when you think there can't possibly be any more sudoku variants along comes another one! I've really enjoyed Deb Mohanty's frameless sudoku in Issue 14. A couple of quite tricky ones in there (for me anyway) but got there in the end. I would love to see some more of these appear in the mag. winking smiley
Sue
Re: Frameless sudoku
May 12, 2011 10:07AM
Hi Christine

I hadn't looked at these but did so last night on your recommendation. I agree, they are excellent. A few false starts as there are more options than I first thought. I found the bottom left one the trickiest but that was probably me being a bit thick!

Thank you to Deb - I would also like to see more of these in future issues. Great to find another variant. Keep them coming Gareth!

I also really loved the Numcross on page 52 - thank you Maree if you are reading. A great challenge. I was very chuffed when I finally cracked it.

Sue
Re: Frameless sudoku
May 20, 2011 07:38AM
Not sure how I missed this post, though I keep visiting this forum once in couple of days.

I'm glad both of you liked these. I must mention that I saw this variant first time at PuzzlePicnic forum by Bram de Laat. The variant really impresses me because of its simplistic rules, and also how deceptive the clues could be.

Thanks both of you and thanks to David/Gareth for readily agreeing to include this variant.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication