Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

Puzzle Advent Calendar

Posted by gareth 
Puzzle Advent Calendar
December 01, 2011 05:47PM
David Millar, the community section editor of Sudoku Xtra, is running a fantastic daily Advent Calendar sudoku puzzle on his website at thegriddle.net. There's a big overall grid you print out and then each day you get given new pieces with different variant types to add into it. David's even promised postcards with custom puzzles as prizes to those who manage to complete the entire puzzle.

It looks great to me, so I'd definitely recommend taking a look.
Re: Puzzle Advent Calendar
December 08, 2011 07:18AM
I downloaded a copy of this last night and the first seven grids - really great fun David, especially with all the different sudoku types contained in there. I've never done kropki before but managed to get that grid completed! It will be interesting to see whether I can manage the whole thing! What a good idea though - thanks for that smiling smiley
Re: Puzzle Advent Calendar
December 09, 2011 12:59AM
Thanks for the kind comments Gareth and Christine! Kropki is fairly new to me and sometimes when composing and test-solving, I confuse those clues with Gareth's odd-sum pair clues. My use of it came about after making some puzzles where the theme was just mashing together as many of the World Sudoku Championship clue types as possible in 3 8x8 grids. I'll be posting the 9th grid soon, and hope everyone continues to enjoy the series!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication