Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

Issue 12 - Labyrinth #1 error

Posted by Mathimagics 
Issue 12 - Labyrinth #1 error
January 12, 2011 05:16AM
Nobody seems to have mentioned the apparent error for Labyrinth #1 on pg 50 of Issue 12.

The clue given for the last column is "1". It should be "2 1" surely?
Re: Issue 12 - Labyrinth #1 error
January 12, 2011 07:17PM
Yes, that appears to be the case. I just double checked the original image file that I had to transcribe from and there was indeed a 2 missing in our redrawing of it. My sincere apologies for that, especially to anyone who had tried the puzzle and gave up when unable to find a valid solution. I'll contact Gareth about fixing the PDF edition of the magazine again and getting the fixed puzzle out to all who purchased this issue.

David
January 12, 2011 08:45PM
I also noticed the mistake when doing this puzzle, but to be quite honest I didn't think it worth mentioning as it was quite possible to solve the puzzle without this clue, and it certainly didn't affect my enjoyment of the puzzle or lead to any confusion.smiling smiley
January 12, 2011 10:06PM
Ah, that's a shame - both David and I checked they'd been copied from the originals correctly but we must both have missed that column, probably because it was at the end. I'll fix the download PDF. Just to be clear, Nathan's original puzzle he sent was correct - the mistake was when the print-ready graphic was prepared.
January 12, 2011 10:16PM
Okay, the PDF online is updated if anyone would like to re-download it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication