Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Sudoku Xtra discussion forums
Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

Issue 3 available now!

Posted by gareth 
Issue 3 available now!
January 22, 2010 08:19PM
Issue 3 of Sudoku Xtra is available now!

As well as new variants in the main body of the magazine, such as Outside Sudoku and Inequality Toroidal, I'm excited to announce that the community puzzles section of issue 3 contains some fantastic puzzles from Vexus Puzzle Design - including not just their popular NaviGrid puzzles but also another of their original puzzles, Klump - as well as some brilliant Masyu + Slitherlink combination puzzles from The Griddle. Meanwhile, Clarity Media have also supplied not only a Knight's Tour and more advanced Easy as ABCD puzzle, but also a Mosaic picture puzzle, as has been requested on the discussion forums. And that's not all - but you'll have to check out issue 3 yourself to see everything that's packed into the issue!

With over 120 puzzles, it's an incredible bargain at just £2.99 / $4.99. And that's a promise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2010 10:21PM by gareth.
Koc
Re: Issue 3 available now!
January 30, 2010 07:21PM
Hi Gareth!

First of all I have to congratulate to you. You have a great website with a perfect online puzzle system. I was really think about buying the Sodoku Xtra. However it's price is a bit high. I live in Hungary and there are several Sodoku and mixed japanese Puzzle prints which are featuring over 100 puzzle for 290 HUF what is just bit more then 1 euro. And it's printed. In acceptable quality.

I do not think that it's possible for you to drop the prices around one third of current ones, so please just handle this as an business information.

best regards,
Koc
Re: Issue 3 available now!
January 31, 2010 12:48PM
Hi Koc,

I'm really glad you like PuzzleMix - I put a lot of effort into the players, which are pure HTML without requiring Flash or any plugins.

I've not been to Eastern Europe but I don't doubt that some things are much cheaper there. However in Western Europe, North America and Australia/New Zealand (where 99% of PuzzleMix/Sudoku Xtra customers are), the cost of download copies of Sudoku Xtra is actually well below the average for a downloadable book of puzzles - and that's comparing with sets of 100 identical puzzles, not a fully laid-out magazine with varied content like Sudoku Xtra. I set the price so low in order to help ensure that price wasn't a barrier to take-up of the magazine, so in fact I'm planning to soon increase the price to £3.99/$5.99.

However if you can't afford even the current price then if you email me directly I will be happy to sell you a copy at a lower price - I can see from the forum records that you're indeed in Hungary, so just write to me at gareth@sudokuxtra.com and I'll get back to you.

Incidentally, what sort of content is in these 1 Euro magazines? I try to obtain varied puzzle magazines from round the world to see what's new, but I don't have any from Eastern Europe.

Gareth
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication