Back to main Sudoku Xtra site

Advanced

UKPA sudoku championship

Posted by Tom Collyer 
Tom Collyer
UKPA sudoku championship
November 01, 2010 12:48AM
Hi all!

Next weekend the UK puzzle association is hosting its 1st sudoku championship. If you enjoy some of the sudoku variants in Sudoku Xtra you are bound to have fun with this one. Additionally, for all the Brits out there you'll be fighting it out for the title of Britain's best sudoku solver - the winner will walk away with the title of UKPA sudoku champion!

There's a forum thread here: http://forum.ukpuzzles.org/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=61
And some instructions here: http://www.ukpuzzles.org/downloads.php

(please note these will be updated very soon, so it'll pay to keep your eyes peeled on the website over the next few days.

I hope to see a good turnout from the Sudoku Xtra crowd!

Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 01:36PM by gareth.
Tom Collyer
Re: UKPA sudoku championship
November 01, 2010 12:49AM
In my obvious over-excitement, I've gone and made a typo in the title! Gareth - would it be possible to correct this please smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 01:37PM by gareth.
November 01, 2010 01:38PM
Subject edit done. smiling smiley

I thoroughly recommend this tournament to everyone. You can take part at any time over the weekend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2010 01:39PM by gareth.
November 02, 2010 04:19PM
Yes I've seen this and downloaded the instruction booklet - there are some great variants in there - most of which I am familiar with! I only wish my moderate solving skills would allow me to compete seriously!!! With a bit of perseverance I can usually manage to complete a respectable number of the puzzles but am nowhere near quick enough to get all that many solved in the time allowed. So a decision - whether to enter and be happy to be near (or at!!!) the bottom of the table (think I can live with that!) or whether just to print the puzzles off and enjoy doing them at a leisurely pace away from the pressure of time constraints!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication