Rubik's cubes
December 28, 2009 09:37AM
Just a bit of a shot in the dark here, but wondered whether anyone out there is a Rubik's cube expert? One of my sons is a bit of a whizz on the 3 x 3 cube, so we got him a 4 x 4 to provide a new challenge and within half an hour it was in bits all over the carpet! A lot of patience, a bit of glue and a couple of hours later it was all back together again but has since dropped apart three times. Having checked out one or two web sites they do seem to say that due to the large number of moving parts, the 4 x 4 and 5 x 5 cubes are not so durable, and so what I am actually wondering is, does anyone have any experience of the larger cubes? Is it worth replacing our 4 x 4 or all they all likely to disintegrate on us?!!
Re: Rubik's cubes
December 28, 2009 08:27PM
I got a 5x5 cube as a prize from a game I played, and it feels durable (although I am horrible at solving them). The one issue that comes up though is the pieces are smaller, at least with the brand I got, and sometimes if you don't turn the sections exactly into place they get a little hard to turn. Other than that, no issues so far.
Re: Rubik's cubes
December 29, 2009 04:37PM
Thanks for the reply! Seems like it might be worth investing in another then, if the glue doesn't work!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Sudoku Xtra ©Gareth Moore 2009 - email gareth@sudokuxtra.com - get puzzles for your own publication